As the family know-it-all it is my responsibility to pepper conversations with almost useless knowledge and myth shattering news.
- There's a lack of medical evidence showing you need to down eight glasses of water daily.
- We use every part of our brain, not just 10%.
- Reading in dim light does not ruin your eyes.
- Shaving does not cause hair to grow faster.
- Eating turkey does not make you especially drowsy.
- Cell phones are not dangerous in hospitals.
There is only anecdotal and no scientific evidence to suggest cell phones affect airplane equipment either but you don't really want your phone running at full power at 30,000 feet anyway.